Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our First Batch Of Red Wrigglers

Finally, after months of waiting, we got our first half-fistful batch of red wrigglers (African Night Crawlers). About 10-15 worms, I just hope! :)

They are not a lot, but we heard they can multiply as much as 3 times a day or so, we'll see.And I'm just excited to begin feeding them the compost I've been preparing for a long time!

Why it took so long, it seems that despite the vast quantity of the red wrigglers at the local agriculture department in town and in the nearby red wriggler farms, there were no red wriggler worms for sale. Up to this time I also wonder why. But oh my, I'm just ecstatic to have our first batch!

So here they are quietly in this improvised vermiculture bin made out of a used biscuit pail - courtesy of my hubby. Hubby also placed a fine mesh cloth at the bottom and on the cover so they wouldn't escape.

Photobucket

We are being extra careful with them because these red wrigglers supposedly cost 500-800 pesos a kilo, depending where the red wriggler farm is located.

What a relief to go onto the next level! In the meantime, will keep you posted, my greenie folks ;)

Worm Farming Secrets - Best Guide To Worm Composting
112 Page Exclusive Manual - The Business & Biology Of Raising Earthworms 
- Includes Over 124 Individual Back Issues Of The Worm Farming Secrets Newsletter




0 comments:

Post a Comment

This is a PR2 blog with DO FOLLOW comment section. Comments are unmoderated.

THANKS TO OUR RECENT CUSTOMERS... ... M.LIM... T.MARCELO...S.PALMA....A.CUARESMA...V.SAQUILAYAN... G.REGONDOLA... A.B.SUSON... A. DELA FUENTE ...I.PO..M.NINALGA...C.PITA...D.TORRES...A.STA.MARIA...J.TALINDA...W.J.JORDAN....F.R.L.PASCUAL...R.ROSELLOGet this WidgetIP Blogger Widgets